Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Tuesday, October 03, 2006

9 month update (a little late)

Ben turned 9 months on September 27th. It's incredible how quickly these months have passed. It still seems like we brought Ben home yesterday. Seriously.

Since Ben's a little on the big side (I'll get his exact measurements on Thursday when he has his check-up... he is ~23 lbs now though) he's not as mobile as some babies are at this age. Oh, but he's trying. He's rolling around now, although he needs a reminder now and again as to how to return from his tummy to his back. Sometimes at night he'll roll to his belly in his sleep and it scares him and he starts to cry. Poor little guy. I'm told this phase doesn't last long, and fortunately it really hasn't messed with his sleep much. The rolling at night tends to happen around 10.30pm and I'm usually still up, so it hasn't messed with my sleep much either. :)

And Ben really would like to crawl. He pushes himself around on his belly backwards using his hands. Sometimes, using his feet, he'll push himself backwards while sitting. If we're out and don't have a highchair available I'll feed him sitting on the floor. We generally start out on one side of the room and end up on the other. He's started getting his bum in the air these past couple of weeks, so it won't be long before we're chasing him around the house.

I've also started working on having Ben drop a nap. He was napping three times a day, but yesterday and today I've been able to successfully space his naps out enough so that he's only having two naps without getting overly crotchety. So far it's working out really well.

I have a plethora of pictures to post, but I'm beginning to get annoyed with some of the Blogspot limitations (it's a free service, so I guess I can't complain too much), so I'll have to upload them tonight or tomorrow night once the monkey's in bed.

And here are the plethora of pics I promised. Since Blogspot isn't cooperating with me I've just added the html myself.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Labels: