Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Saturday, January 05, 2008

Ordered Ben's "big boy" bedroom set today

And I'm so excited! I can't wait for it to arrive. It's a mates bed with three drawers, a two drawered night stand, and a tall chest of drawers. It's pine, but a light brown stain (I'm not a fan of the dark yellow natural pine achieves over time).

Part of me is sad to put away all the baby stuff, but it's time. Ben will do great in his new bed. He's ready, and at this point I don't anticipate a struggle. He loves to go to bed, never fights it. The only time we've ever had sleep woes is when we've had big changes going on here at home, like when we moved house. The first month in our new home was a long first month... for all of us.

Anyway, I'm thinking of a transportation theme for the bedding because Ben sure loves his cars, trucks, airplanes, trains, etc. Here's one set by Olive Kids I've been looking at (unfortunately they're in the US and I fear what sort of duty charges I might be dinged with if I order it).



Ben's furniture will take 4 - 6 weeks to arrive, so that'll give me some time to look around and find the (hopefully) perfect bedding set. I just want him to be completely excited when he opens the door and sees his new set-up.

*sniff* My wee boy is growing up.