Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Monday, July 07, 2008

Week 19: First OB appointment this morning!

Everything's looking good. And I LOVE my new OB. He's awesome. So nice, not much of a wait for my appointment (he offers evening appointments too), and he was really easy to talk to.

I didn't feel rushed, and he really reassured me regarding my concerns for my labour and delivery experience this time around. If I find myself and baby in the same situation as last time I *definitely* want a section, I DO NOT want a repeat of my first experience (mid-lateral rotation via forceps) and all the fun that went along with the recovery. He told me that under those circumstances he wouldn't hesitate to to go with a c-section. And according to him mid-lateral rotations aren't very common anymore due to the risk factors involved. In retrospect I should have asked him that if we do find ourselves in this situation would they call him in to perform the section or would I be in the hands of the on-call OB (who may or may not share the views of my new OB) - guess I better bank that for next time.

And at 5PM we have the anatomical u/s and with a little luck we'll find out if Ben's getting a little brother or sister. I'm really thinking brother, and would seriously be surprised to find out it's a girl. I dunno why. Mother's intuition?