Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Saturday, July 04, 2009

My little library helper

Since rekindling my love of reading and making time to read daily, we've been frequenting the library quite often, sometimes to just pick up books I have on hold, and other times to go up to the 2nd floor and peruse the kids section.

As a result Ben's become quite in tune with the whole library experience. He knows the drill. He opens the door for me and Caitlin, returns our old books, chats up all the librarians, knows where to bring our books to check them out, hands over the library card, and then loads them into our bag or stroller. He seems so pleased with himself for having these new responsibilities, and he does so well with them.

We've been checking a lot of children's stories out for Ben too, which are great. We've found a few that he really enjoys. Lately he's partial to reading stories about cats. Poor boy really wants a cat (my stupid allergy prevents us from having one).

I sure hope his love of the library sticks.