Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Happy 2nd birthday, my beautiful girl!

Today Caitlin turns two. I say this all the time, but it's hard to believe how quickly these two years have passed. I was looking at photos taken just before and after she was born and can hardly believe how much has changed in these two years.

Honestly, I don't even know how to put into words just how much we love our little girl. She really is a shining star who brings smiles to everyone around her. She's so pleasant, funny, determined, and clever. (I'm sure I'll have to remind myself of the 'pleasant' bit when she becomes a stroppy teenager.)

Caitlin loves singing, music, dancing, reading, and mimicking Ben. She loves to sing The Wheels On the Bus with me and she's absolutely adorable when she does. She's really good at colour and shape sorting, number recognition, and she's learning to count (we got to five last night). She's a really quick study, this one.

As much as Caitlin loves playing with Ben's cars, Lego, and will happily play rough and tumble, she also has a real girly side to her. She loves jewelry and has her own little stash. She often asks to wear a 'pitty neckie' (pretty necklace). She's also crazy about 'pretty shoes' and having 'pretty hair' and 'pretty toes'.

Our sweet little Caitlin has brought so much to our little family. We love her dearly and we look forward to seeing her develop into her own little person in the years to come.

Here are a few pictures from the past couple of years.

Newborn Caitlin:


Caitlin on her 1st birthday:


Caitlin on her 2nd birthday:


Lots of hugs and kisses, my sweet!

And as you say... Cake!!! ;)

Labels: