Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Our little Benji-boo is 6 months old today!

Yes - happy half-birthday to Benjamin!

I can hardly believe how quickly these past 6 months have gone, and a little saddened at the thought of how much more quickly the next 6 months will pass.

Ben has learned so many things these past months. And he amazes me every day.

Ben's a great napper having three naps a day, and has been consistantly sleeping though the night since 3 months of age. He started solids at 5.5 months and in a couple of short weeks he has learned to eat like a pro. Ben is really good with his hands and can handle small objects very easily (he loves shaking his rattles) and he's getting better with bigger objects, like blocks. He's just getting the hang of his Jumperoo now. He is actually jumping! For the longest time he would just hang in it and play with the attached toys.

Ben's almost out of his infant car seat. We'll probably buy and install his convertable car seat this weekend. I'm really going to miss the convenience of the infant car seat, but who am I kidding? I wouldn't be able to physically lug him around in that thing much longer anyway.

And yesterday Ben went on his first ride at Wonderland. We went on a swan ride, then a little train ride. He really seemed to enjoy the swans. And he sat on the train himself with mommy holding his hands. He looked like such a big boy. :) I went on The Minebuster, sans Ben, but one day he'll be big enough to ride it with me! That's a scary thought. Anyway, cousin Kareen took some pictures of Ben on his first ride. I'll post them when I get them.

Labels: