Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Babytime at the local public library

I have just signed Ben and I up for Babytime at the local public library. It starts tomorrow and runs every Wednesday (10.30-11am) for 8 weeks. Here's their description of the programme:

An interactive program for you and your baby, this eight week program includes songs, a variety of active rhymes and puppets, for the baby 6 – 23 months of age.

Ben should love it, especially the puppets. Ben loves puppets. A little bit earlier or later in the day would work better, but I think we can swing it. It'll be great for him to get into a group with other babies, and a half hour session is very reasonable.

I tried to sign us up for Parent/Child Mother Goose at our local OEYC, but I unfortunately received conflicting information. I was told to wait for the next sign up date (which is today) but when I phoned I was told we needed to get on a waiting list, and the waiting list is so long that we'd have no hope getting into the program this year, and since it's for babies up to 1 year of age Ben will be too old next year. Bah.

I suppose the benefit to missing out on the Mother Goose programme is that I've discovered all kinds of things offered at the library. There are a number of music programmes too. Ben really loves music, so I will try to get Ben into something like that once we finish with Babytime.

Labels: