Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Ben used the potty for the first time today!

And he got the hang of it really quickly too!

During this morning's shopping trip I picked up a potty for Ben. We came home after lunch, he had his nap, and by the time he woke up I'd forgotten about the potty, so we played for a while. By the time I remembered I figured I'd missed our window of chance. Sure enough, I checked his diaper: he'd peed and pooped already. So I cleaned him up and let him sit on it anyway while I dumped his diaper contents into the toilet. I wasn't paying him any attention and when he stood up I noticed he'd peed in his brand new potty! What an exciting moment around here. Ha-ha! After I dumped and rinsed it, he sat back down and had the tiniest of teeniest poops. He was quite pleased about that, and of course pointed it out to make sure Mommy noticed too.

And Ben's successfully peed in the potty three times today since! He loves it so much that when he finishes peeing he stands up, looks in the potty, looks at me, says "mo' pee!" and sits back down to pee a little more. So clever and so funny! He also tried to bring it to bed with him.

So all in all a stellar start to potty training. Figures, I just bought an enormous Costco-sized case of diapers on the weekend.