Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Caitlin's first food allergy

Oats.

I suspected because I'd used Aveeno lotion on her a few times and noticed the following day she had a pinprick type rash (looked like heat rash). The first time I thought it was the perfume in the lotion, switched to the unscented, same thing.

Then she tried oatmeal, and I kept in mind to watch for a reaction, nothing obvious initially, but after a few times she started developing some eczema on her face. It started as little bumps, then began to get a little red and irritated looking. No other obvious symptoms.

Fortunately it appears to be a mild allergy, not epipen worthy, and I suspect she'll outgrow.

Ah, good times being back in the food allergy discovery world. *sigh*

Labels: