Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Saturday, June 04, 2005

Week 11: First Prenatal Appointment

Yesterday Nic and I went for my first prenatal appointment. We finally got to meet Dr. Newton, who I think is absolutely wonderful, BTW. I was able to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Dr. Newton had told us beforehand that the heartbeat is only detectable 25 - 30% of the time this early and not to be alarmed if he couldn't find it, so this little baby's heart is pounding away. What a beautiful sound it was. I'm in love!

Nic and I have finally found a girl's name we can agree on: Katherine, but we would call her Kate or Katie. This is a very good thing since I'm not sure anymore if I want to find out the sex of the baby before s/he's born. I suppose we'll wait and see when the time comes and if... *if* the baby's co-operative.

Oh, and even though I've yet to gain a pound so far I've had to start buying maternity clothes! My jeans and most of my shirts are fine, but I've found that none of my shorts fit properly; no give in the waist. I figure if I can't drink I may as well be comfortable. ;-)