Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Saturday, September 24, 2005

Week 27: Getting started on the nursery

I left work early yesterday and drove down to Yorkdale Mall in Toronto for a bit of shopping at Pottery Barn Kids. I ditched my celestial nursery theme and opted for a more colourful barnyard theme. I walked out $350 poorer, but am happy that we finally have a start on the nursery. Yay!

Here's the quilt:


And here's the matching sheets:


These are the photos from Pottery Barn's website. I'll take some of my own once we get the nursery set up. The colours are actually much more vivid than they appear in these photos (at least on my laptop.)

Also, what you don't see on the quilt are apple trees with bright red apples, so I'll be using bright red as the accent colour and green on the walls.

In addition to the quilt and sheet set I also bought the crib skirt, which is SO cute, and red corderoy panel curtains. Unfortunately I didn't pay attention to the dimensions of the curtains, so they're not long enough. They were on sale, however, ($8/panel) so I'm just going to use the fabric to make decorative throw pillows for the nursery.

Today Nic is emptying out the room (soon-to-be-nursery) and we're getting an estimate done on new carpeting. I'm going to buy the paint today, or at least, select the colours. Nic's off work next week so he's planning to strip the wallpaper border, remove shelving, fill holes, prime and paint the walls, remove the old carpet and install the new, and finally, set up the crib and change table. A lot of work, but I'm sure he'll do a great job! Besides, he got to drink beer all summer, so the fact that I'm exempt from this work is only fair, right? :)