Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Monday, November 13, 2006

Ben has learned to give! (and other things)

I was shocked on Saturday when I held out my hand and asked Ben to give me his soother (I said, "Give to Mummy") and he did! He put it in my hand, released it, and retracted his hand. I figured it was a fluke, so I tested it out a few more times, and sure enough, each time he happily put it in my hand. Then I tested out giving some more on Sunday, and today, Monday - he's still giving. :)

Ben's also come around to eating chunky foods and more table foods, so his diet these days consists of a lot more food that he can pick up and feed himself. His favourite breakfast these days is toast and cream cheese with hard-boiled egg yolk mixed in. He's also accepting of stage 3 chunky jarred foods too. His menu has really opened up these past couple of weeks.

And Ben's becoming a more effiecient scooter. He can scoot all around the living room, from the living room to the kitchen, all around his bedroom, and from the hallway to the bathroom. We've installed a couple of safety swing-mount gates and the tops of our stairs.

I'll post some new photos soon. My laptop has recently died, so I'm on Nic's and not quite set up in my new computing home.