Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Thursday, January 18, 2007

We have a stair climber!

Ben just learned to climb the stairs. It's funny because I was just telling Andi today how Ben can only get up two stairs. He sure has made a liar out of Mommy!



I can hardly believe how quickly these skills are coming now. We also bought him a more sturdy pair of shoes (as requested by his daycare provider) and they seem to be helping to improve his walking skills (holding onto hands, of course.)

And speaking of daycare, Ben is doing really well. His daycare provider is great and doing an amazing job of getting to know him. He's eating and napping well for her, and seems to be enjoying the experience. He also gets a chance to mix with some older kids when her neighbour (who's also a daycare provider) brings her children by. When I went to pick Ben up the other day he was standing at a table intensely observing the three year old boy standing next to him. It was so cute. I bet he'll pick up new skills by watching the other kids too... let's just hope they're all positive skills, and not, say... fire starting. (I joke now - talk to me again in six years!)