Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Sunday, November 04, 2007

Language development

"Hi Mama!" is what Ben *finally* said for the first time yesterday. He's been saying "bye-bye" for ages. In fact, "bye-bye" was his first word, but "hi" has been a long time coming! He's not very consistant with it, but he's started saying it, so it's a matter of time.

"Red pepper" is another new word in Ben's repertoire (which is too lengthy to list). We were having a dinner that contained red peppers, so I asked Ben to try a red pepper, and so he picked it up, looked at it, said "bye-bye ree pep-pah!", then popped it in his mouth and ate it. Ha-ha! This kid kills me.

And my beloved "buh-bee" is no more. Ben can now say "bubble."

However, strawberry is still "duh-pih-taw"... and we've yet to figure out how Ben derived "duh-pih-taw" from "strawberry", but he has and we understand it, so it does the job. I think it will be a bittersweet day for me when Ben starts saying "strawberry."