Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Saturday, August 09, 2008

Back from vacation!

We all had a great time. Ben was a very good traveller. He slept in many different beds in many different homes, cottages, and hotel rooms without complaint. Having his inflatable Thomas bed and a plug-in night light seemed to provide him enough consistancy from place to place, although he didn't use his Thomas bed every night it was a good 'plan B'. The first few nights he'd wake up looking for me (he slept in the same room as Nic and I), but after that he was back to sleeping through.

Ben seemed to grow up a lot in a few short weeks. His level of verbal communication has improved quite a bit and is more complex, and in other, inexplicable ways he just seems more mature than when we left home.

I'll try to post photos and some vacation stories tomorrow. I'm exhausted. I don't think I had a solid night's sleep the entire time we were gone. And I was up with Ben at 6am this morning after an equally crappy sleep in my own bed last night (lucky me brought a cold back home). Hoping for a solid night of sleep tonight!