Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Thursday, September 25, 2008

30 week prenatal appointment last night

It was a brief appointment (because I fell ill while I was waiting, but I'll get to that later). The highlight is that the baby's heartbeat was nice and strong - no skipped beats. What a relief.

I'm up ~1 lb since my appointment two weeks ago, and presumably everything else is fine: blood pressure, measurements, etc.

As for getting sick, the only thing I can think of is that I ate something that didn't sit well. I was a little hungry when I got to my appointment (I'd snacked through the afternoon and wasn't hungry for dinner before I left) so I grabbed a small bag of Doritos and a bottle of Gatorade from the store in my OB's building. I consumed them while waiting for my appointment (which was ~1.5 hrs of waiting) and I suddenly started feeling very queasy. Very queasy. Then they called my name. Ugh.

Fortunately my appointment was quick, I rushed home afterwards and was violently ill... all night. Slept horribly last night. Nic's stayed home from work today (and has taken Ben out to one of his morning programs) - thank goodness. I'm working on keeping down water and toast. I'm not running a fever, so I think it's entirely food related.

And the bizarre thing? I also fell really ill at 30 weeks when I was pregnant with Ben, with what I think was a full-on bout of food poisoning, at least in retrospect. Lucky me!