Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Thursday, September 11, 2008

Week 29: Yesterday's OB appointment

Well, good news is that I got the results back from my glucose screen and I'm not suspected to have gestational diabetes and so I don't have to return for the 3 hr glucose tolerance test. It turns out that I am, however, slightly hypoglycemic. My OB didn't have any suggestions aside from watching how I feel after eating sweets, etc. because the sudden sugar high might make me feel queasy or faint. So far I've not noticed any problems, but I have had occassional, inexplicable bouts of nausea, so perhaps related to the hypoglycemia. Who knows.

We listened to the baby's heartbeat and noticed a couple of skipped beats. Apparently this isn't uncommon and I'm told it's nothing to worry about. If we observe skipped beats again at my next appointment in two weeks time (yes, I'm now going for appointments every two weeks!) he'll send me for an ultrasound to have the bab's heart more closely looked at. My 18 week ultrasound report says 'no abnormalities'. So I'm not worrying, or at least trying not to. We'll just have to wait and see.