Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Monday, October 06, 2008

Okay, I need to teach this boy modesty or shame.

My friend Judy and her kids, Elliot (Ben's age) and Natalie, stopped by for lunch today. Afterwards we're in the family room and Elliot starts dancing to music on TV, kinda like a jig. So I explain to Judy how Ben does a similar dance, except only when he's naked, and he calls it his... 'naked boy trick'. And he gets a real kick out of watching his penis bounce around. (I guess it's a boy thing.)

So then Ben who's overheard me starts insisting he'd like to do his 'naked boy trick', and I explain to him 'no, it's not polite in front of company' and tell him he can do his 'trick' when he gets changed for his nap (he still naps in a pull-up).

I thought I'd convinced him when suddenly he whipped his pants and underwear down enough for his penis to hang out and he starts dancing. And of course everytime I try to catch him and pull his pants back up he runs off (I should add that a 2.5 yr old child with his pants half down is much faster than a woman who's seven months pregnant). And it doesn't help that Judy and I are laughing uncontrollably, so we're inadvertantly fuelling the frenzy.

Oh man. Seriously. My fear now is that he'll go to school and want to do his 'naked boy trick' for the class.