Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Sunday, February 08, 2009

Winterfest

Yesterday we went to our local Winterfest activities. It included childrens' activities at the community centre and some rides at a nearby park.

It was a day of good fortune. First, I recovered a snowman plate I painted about four years ago at a local ceramics shop. The owner was hosting a children's ceramics workshop and I spotted my plate (which I'd never picked up and had long forgotten about) on a table. I guess she always brought it along and used it at the winter activities she hosted. Nic looked at me like I had two heads when I said 'Hey, I think I painted that plate. I think it's mine!' And sure enough it was. Four years later I was reunited with my snowman plate.


Then, after spending some time at the community centre we went to the park. We didn't realise there were rides, we just figured it'd be more children's activities. We hadn't hit a bank machine and didn't have any cash! As we stood by the ticket booth debating what we should do (there was no bank machine in walking distance) a woman overheard and gave us a ticket so Ben could ride the train. So thoughtful! Must've been the good karma we wracked up by donating to the local homeless shelter with the cash we had on us while we were at the community centre moments earlier. Then we ran into friends who kindly spotted us $10.

Ben meets a therapy dog. He promptly sneezed four times, so we'll be keeping an eye on that! Caitlin found Winterfest a little dull.
Ben going down the bouncy slide.
Ben rides the train all by himself, with the ticket given to us by the kind stranger. He later rode it a couple more times with our friend's son, Maxim.
Then later gets on the 'Berry-Go-Round' (hey, I didn't name it) with Daddy. They're on the left.