Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Wednesday, April 01, 2009

And the hives remain a mystery.

It's been a week and we haven't seen more hives on Caitlin, thankfully. We still have no idea what caused them though, and unless we see them again we may never know.

The odd thing is I didn't actually treat the hives. I didn't wash the area or use Benadryl, and so if it were a contact reaction I can't imagine the hives would have disappeared until I washed away the allergen.

And considering they were localized hives on the leg it wouldn't have been from anything ingested (not that she ingests anything other than formula).

So unless an insect bite can cause localized hives (I know, usually it's just a welt at the bite site, but being an infant I wonder if it's possible to have a stronger reaction to an insect bite), then I have no idea.

Labels: