Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Sunday, May 03, 2009

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

Some babies will just fall asleep anywhere. Ben was never one of those babies. He was a good napper and night sleeper, but conditions had to be right, i.e., in his crib, darkened room, white noise, soother and blanket. If we were on the go Ben needed a blanket draped over the stroller, we HAD to be moving, he absolutely needed his soother and blanket - and that hardly worked beyond 8-ish months when I really became a slave to the nap.

Caitlin, on the other hand, is one of those babies who'll drop off almost anywhere. We went to Chuck E Cheese yesterday. You can imagine the noise - video games galore, music, plus what sounded like a million 2 - 8 yr olds running around and screaming at the top of their lungs. I was playing pinball, Caitlin was in her car seat on the floor between the game and my legs. One minute I looked down, she's playing with her toy, the next she's out like a freakin' light. SO bizarre. Poor Ben would have been a red-faced screaming mess.

I remember seeing random pics of babies asleep in their high chairs in the middle of a meal, on play mats, wherever... and I could never figure it out!