Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Thursday, June 09, 2005

Week 12: Nursing a cold

Here I am - home from work today nursing some kind of awful cold. I can't stop sneezing and blowing my nose. I'm sure it's not allergies because I had a terrible headache and slept for 12 hours and still barely dragged my butt out of bed. Fortunately I can take some Tylenol for my headache, but I can't take any cold and/or sinus medications. And for the record, saline nasal spray sucks.

Other than this things seem to be coming along well. I have my next OB appointment at the end of this month at which time I'll get all the results of my blood work (they drew 8 tubes of blood out of me, then asked me to pee in a cup - I don't think I had an ounce of liquid left in my body afterwards!). My family doctor had ordered all the bloodwork back when I told him Nic and I were planning to concieve, so hopefully my new results are consistant with my previous results, confirming my and my baby's health.

I've been getting the occasional headrush from getting up too fast. Apparently this is not uncommon. I read that 80% of pregnant women suffer from anemia resulting in fatigue, faintness, dizziness, and so forth. Luckily it's not too bad for me... so far, anyway.

I made a trip to the drug store today and walked out with a pregnant woman's bounty: FitPregnancy magazine, saline nasal spray, a bottle of Materna, and a box of the best chocolates I could find. Yum.