Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Monday, November 13, 2006

Going back to work in January

Yep, I'm returning to work, but only part-time. I'll be working three days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday.) I'm currently looking for a dayhome to take Ben and when he's a bit older we'll look into daycare centres. I do think this will be a good thing for our family. Ben will have more exposure to other children in a different environment, I will still have a foot in the door at work, and financially things won't be as tight which benefits all of us. And I'm certain Ben will adjust much more easily than I will. I'm not looking forward to leaving him with someone else, but at least I will still have four full days with Ben per week.

I definitely have a lot of mixed emotions about this, but ultimately I feel confident that it is a perfect compromise.

Now give me a hug.