Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Friday, November 09, 2007

A small victory for Mama!

Ben's not been keen on having us brush his teeth lately; he's all about doing it himself, and he loves to, and we tell him he's doing a great job, but that we need to help, and we don't press the issue, especially since he actually *likes* to brush his teeth (we want him to keep on liking it!)

But tonight I discovered his "currency" -- toothpaste! He absolutely loooooves toothpaste. So I let him brush first by himself, and when he demanded more toothpaste I explained that he could have more but Mama would do the brushing. He watched me put the paste on the brush, but protested when I tried to brush, so I said "that's okay, I don't have to brush your teeth if you don't want me too" and we left the bathroom... oh, how he cried. He really wanted that toothpaste. So. Back into the bathroom we go, I pick up the toothbrush again and explain that if he wants the toothpaste Mama will be doing the brushing, and it worked! He let me brush his teeth. Yay!

I love having such a reasonable kid. :)