Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Week 6: 6 weeks today!

It was at this point in my pregnancy with Ben that I started this blog. I remember exactly where I was sitting (on my bed in the old house on Prospect Street) and I had no idea what kind of changes were coming my way over the following months, and moreso, what would be coming our way forever.

Today I'm sitting on on the couch in our new house, stuffed up after a horrible night's sleep wondering how I can possibly keep going for another 8 months. My sinuses feel like they're on fire and the roof of my mouth feels itchy, like fiberglass.


This pregnancy certainly isn't as leisurely as my last. (First-time moms don't know how good they have it!) When I was pregnant with Ben I could take a day off work and lay in bed to rest if I was truly feeling awful. Today I have to suck it up because I have to chase after Ben! No laying around for me.


I'm still not sure when I want to share the news of this pregnancy with our parents. Nic's parents are good at keeping a secret, my dad, however, not so much. He gets so excited that he wants to tell everyone, and that's something I'd like to avoid until 12 weeks.