Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Thursday, June 05, 2008

I think Ben's still allergic to eggs, even cooked.

I've been sort of noticing that he gets a little red around his upper lip when eating anything with egg in it, but this just seems to happen inexplicably sometimes so I just tried to shrug it off. Today, however, we were at an indoor playground and a mom offered a home baked peanut-free cookie (her son is also allergic to peanut). When Ben finished I wiped his face and noticed he was red above his lip and had what appeared to be two small hives. I called his allergist's office when we got home requesting an egg retest. I'm wondering if he was properly scratched last time we were in, and is he wasn't then it would result in a false negative. Either way, I really want him retested for the sake of his safety.

The allergist wasn't in this afternoon and so I won't hear back until tomorrow about how we're going to proceed. I really hope I don't have to do battle to get a retest because with my raging pregnancy hormones I don't think can take it.