Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Sunday, May 11, 2008

Nothing like *that* to remind me I'm a mother on Mother's Day

I gotta say, my day started out great. I stayed in bed, watched Corrie St, Nic and Ben picked up McD's breakfast (all of this is like every Sunday... I love my Sundays!). I got up, had a shower (also like every Sunday... ha!), came downstairs to a nice bouquet of flowers, card, and a gift (a new book). Wonderful! We all hung out a bit, I made a small solo grocery run (a real treat when you're used to carting along a bored, fidgety, cranky 2.5 yr old boy), came home, we had lunch, then Nic brought Ben up for his nap.

When Nic came downstairs after putting Ben down he asked if I'd mind if he went out to hit a bucket of balls at the driving range. Not at all. So off he goes.

About a half hour later I decide to pop the monitor on and see if Ben's fallen asleep. I hear chattering, a bit of banging around, decide I'll go up and see what's happening. Good thing. Nic had forgotten to put Ben in a diaper (he put him to bed in his underwear!!!) AND Ben had peed AND pooped in his bed. I didn't realise the poop until I'd stripped his underwear off, Ben stepped in a load of poop that had fallen out, and proceeded to walk on his carpet leaving two poopy footprints on it. (Ugh!) So I carried him off to the bathroom, cleaned him up, cleaned the bathroom up, got him into a diaper, then back to his room, cleaned the carpet, stripped the bed, remade the bed, got him settled into bed (after a couple of trips up to remove distracting toys from his possession he's finally falen asleep), and I'm now on laundry load one of two.

Good times!

And here I thought I was in for a relaxing afternoon of Toblerone munching on my sofa while poking around on my laptop.

And on that note, I'm wishing all my family and friend mommies a very happy Mother's Day!