Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Saturday, August 09, 2008

Week 24: Pregnancy update

Since I've been away for almost three weeks I'm way overdue for an update.

I think I've already mentioned I'm exhausted. I didn't sleep very well while we were away. A combination of discomfort and restlessness mostly. I tried to compensate with naps, but the opportunity wasn't always there. So yeah, I'm very tired. More tired than I was in first trimester.

Baby seems to be doing well though. Lots of movement these days and when I watch my belly closely I can see the twitches and jabs from the outside. Nic hasn't felt the baby move yet, because much like with Ben this baby stops moving the minute Nic puts his hand on my belly. Of course, almost without fail the instant he removes his hand the baby moves again. Already giving Daddy a hard time!

I gained about three pounds while away, so I'm up a total of ~12.5-13 lbs. Unfortunately I started our 5 lbs heavier with this one than I did with Ben! In the short time we've been away I've become more obviously pregnant and less like I've been overdoing it at the buffet.

Soon we'll book our 3D ultrasound. I'm looking forward to that. It'll be nice to get another look at this sweet little person who's poking and kicking me all day. And, of course, I'm really curious to know if I'm growing a girl or a boy. I'm not convinced by the tech who performed our 2D u/s. Then we can really zero in on names, which we've decided to keep secret until we have the baby. There has to be some element of surprise, right?? :)

I have another OB appointment coming up soon. I'll get the results of the anatomical ultrasound, which hopefully will be good. I imagine I would have come home to a phone message if something wasn't quite right in the report. I'll be sure to post an update of those results.

Oh, and I can't believe I forgot to mention the 'sneezy pees'. Great fun. And not something I dealt with during my last pregnancy. I guess giving birth once created the lovely opportunity for me to experience the efficiency of peeing every time I sneeze from about 23 weeks onward this time around. Have I mentioned already that I've caught a cold, too?