Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's been a while!

Sorry I haven't been on top of the blog lately. My dad and Jean (Grandpa and Nanna) are visiting, plus we've all been sick for weeks. Hopefully there's an end in sight soon. Both Caitlin, then Ben, had pink eye. Caitlin's has been cleared up for a few days and her drops are done. Ben will be on drops until the weekend, but his eyes are looking much better so he's at school this morning. Poor little guy's been so clingy, not wanting me to leave him, telling me how much he'll miss me. It's so hard to drop him off at school, but his teachers are great and hold his hand until he finds his bearings, then he has a great time, and knowing that makes it easier.

Ben and Caitlin have been very much enjoying their visit with Grandpa and Nanna. Ben and Grandpa have been playing in the yard a lot. They have a gravel/tractor pit they 'work' in, digging in the sandbox with Ben's digger toys, filling up dump trucks, hauling and dumping, and then they take breaks to eat imaginary snacks at 'Nanna's house'... tea, biscuits, and cookies. And Grandpa's been getting lots of giggles out of Caitlin by blowing on her belly.

And speaking of Caitlin's giggles, she was really giggling up a storm at Ben yesterday. It was the most we've heard her laugh. Ben would put his head close to her and she'd touch his hair and laugh her head off. It was adorable!

I've been taking lots of photos with my new digital SLR camera Nic and the kids gave me for mother's day. I'll be sure to post some when I get a chance.