Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Our independant boy

When we got home from school on Monday I'd noticed Ben's entire outfit had changed: shirt, underwear, pants, and socks. So naturally I asked him what happened. He tells me he tried to pee standing up and proceeded to explain that the toilet was in one direction and his pee went in another (and apparently all over him - oops!). So I asked him if his teacher helped him and he said 'No, I handled it pretty well all by myself. I cleaned up all the pee with paper towel!' (And he was so proud of himself!)

Anyway, I had a feeling his teacher wasn't aware for a few reasons: a) his wet clothes didn't come home in his bag, b) he'd forgotten to transfer his epipen to his new pants (he told me he didn't know how to clip it on), and c) she hadn't mentioned it to me when I was chatting with her at the end of the day.

So, forward to this morning. I asked her if she'd known and sure enough she didn't. He really did handle it all by himself! He made a mess, cleaned it up, went out and got his bag of spare clothes, changed, put all his wet clothes in the bag and put them back in his cubby. I'm impressed!

Labels: ,