Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Sunday, December 18, 2005

Week 39: Can't sleep

Well, it's ~4am and here I am. Can't sleep... again. I woke up at 3am to pee and couldn't fall back to sleep. After ~45 mins of trying to fall back to sleep I realised defeat and got up.

I think the reality of having to deliver a baby is sinking in. It always seemed so "off in the distant" and now it's literally any day now. I'm sure everything will be fine, but I guess it's fear of the unknown that I find a bit daunting. And I suppose this is something all women pregnant for the first time (and possibly second, or third, etc.) feel.

Ah well, at least the cats are nocturnal, so I have a little company, oh, and the dog got up too and is sleeping behind my neck and shoulders atop the pillow I'm leaning against. At least someone can sleep.