Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Friday, November 25, 2005

Week 36: Yesterday's prenatal appointment

Everything went well. My blood pressure's good, no swelling, the baby's heartbeat is strong, and my belly is measuring 35 cm. Also, the baby is positioned head down, but hasn't dropped yet. And I had my group B strep swab; I'm hoping that comes back negative so they don't have to load me up with antibiotics.

My OB (who annoys me to no end, but that's an entirely different blog entry) went over all of the key things a woman nearing labour needs to know, like that I should be pre-registered at the hospital (apparently I could have done this ages ago), that I should go to the hospital when my contractions are less than 5 minutes apart, and he gave me some papers that are apparently worth my weight in gold and should be guarded with my life as the hospital won't admit me without them. Really... as if they'd let me give birth in the hallway...

Oh, and from now on my appointments are weekly. Oh yay. I get to sit in my OB's office even more frequently. Guess it's time to put games other than Bejeweled on my phone. I think I went cross-eyed playing it yesterday evening in the waiting room.

Anyhoo, that's the news. Maybe I'll get another belly pic posted this weekend.