Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Thursday, May 01, 2008

Week 10: Finally catching a break.

For the past couple of weeks I've been taking a prescription nasal spray and it's been a godsend. I've been breathing fine and, as a result, sleeping! What a novel concept.

My moring sickness seems to be easing up, too. Thankfully. I wasn't sure I'd survive this pregnancy if it kept up. Especially hearing many stories of women being sick throughout the entire 9 months. Ugh. They deserve a freakin' medal.

Nic and I have decided to go ahead with the integrated prenatal screening (IPS) since I'm almost 35 (next month!). It consists of an ultrasound and bloodtest at 11 - 13 weeks, followed by another bloodtest at 18 weeks, to detect markers for Down's syndrome, trisomy 18, neural tube defects (like spina bifida).

And lastly, I've had to pack away two pairs of my regular jeans. There's just no getting them done up. And I put on a sweater this morning that made me look like Humpty Dumpty. Not flattering at. all. No doubt I'll be showing a little sooner this time around.