Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Wednesday, October 15, 2008

33 weeks today!

Only seven more weeks to go!

Feeling pretty good. I'm just getting over a nasty cold. Baby's moving around lots.

I'm sure I've said so already, but she's a real mover n' shaker. More of a mover than I remember Ben being. The movements, however, are quite similar in terms of location so I don't know what that says about her position, i.e., whether she's in the same position Ben was or not. I definitely haven't been getting kicks to the ribs that I've always heard so much about from other pregnant women, nor did I experience that with Ben. I also didn't experience the baby 'dropping' into the pelvis causing the pregnant lady waddle with Ben, and I wonder if it'll be the same this time around.

I'm starting to get a little anxious. It sounds silly, but just recently have I started considering the reality: that this pregnancy *will* result in another human being. I've been kind of coasting along without thinking about the impact that this new wee person will have on our family, both the positives and the adjustments (thinking mostly about how it will effect Ben and how Nic and I as parents will have to adapt our parenting strategies to be most effective). I think I need a book.

I'm also anxious about labour, delivery, and recovery this time around after my experience last time. I keep reminding myself that I survived.

Maybe I should go back to thinking about baby clothes for a while.