Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Week 34: Nesting

I'm perfectly happy not being a neat freak, but there I was today, cleaning the main floor powder room deciding it'd be a good idea to wash down the baseboards.

And afterwards to tackle the main floor dusting, but just dusting the furniture wasn't enough, I found myself dusting between the railing spindles on the staircase.

Then I absolutely needed to sweep, but just sweeping the visible floor wasn't enough. Nooo. I had to start moving furniture!

I'm exhausted now.

And of course Nic calls to tell me he's going to be home late because he's only nine slides into a thirty slide presentation he's working on... for tomorrow.

The icing on the cake is that Ben is going through an awful bout of the 'testing threes' (I can only assume, because most of two has been easy for us)... tantrum upon tantrum. Everything having to be exactly his way, or the way he's mapped it out in his mind. He actually got mad at me yesterday - like totally freaked out, crying, the works - for eating a piece of *pretend* pumpkin pie... apparently it was Pablo's slice.

I so need a nap.