Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mild torticollis

A while back I got a referral to a paediatrician for Caitlin because I was worried about a rash (with Ben's history of food allergies). By the time the appointment rolled around (last week) the rash was gone. Good moisturizing seems to have done the trick.

The paediatrician noticed that Caitlin favours turning her head to the right. I'd noticed this a while back too (if you look at all her early infancy photos her head is always turned right), but hadn't thought much of it since it's improved a lot in the past month (I find her sleeping with her head turned left). Still, the paeditrician asked if I might be interested in a few physiotherapy sessions, and I am, so we're looking into that. I'm going to check into the cost of private physio because the therapist would come to the house, which will be much easier than bringing Ben along to her appointments, if it's too expensive (our private coverage will cover 85% per appointment up to a total of $500), otherwise I'll bring her into the hospital's clinic.

Labels: