Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Monday, December 21, 2009

So long, bottles.

Today is Caitlin's first bottle-free day and it has been a piece of cake. I figured she'd wean easily, but it was almost too easy.

I used the same method I did for Ben: replacing a bottle per day with a cup of milk for the first week, then two bottles per day the second week, and finally replacing the last bottle at the start of the third week (which is today). I just gave her a bedtime snack and some milk and she was good to go.

The trick with Ben was finding the right cup, and in his case it was a silicone straw cup, but Caitlin took to a spout cup right away so there was no guess-work involved.

So yay for my big girl! I'm happy to see her adapt so quickly, but kind of sad to see an end to the bottles because it means our baby isn't a baby for much longer.

Labels: