Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Wednesday, February 07, 2007

We all knew there was something going on in there...

And now we have proof! Well, not video proof, but that will come soon enough.

All this time I'd been waiting for some real signs of verbal comprehension from Ben. I have often put blocks and balls on the floor for him to play with and ask him to show me a block or a ball, but he'd be too distracted by the actual toys to pay any attention to me. But tonight!! I couldn't believe it! Ben and I were in his room and I asked him where Mr. Googly-eyes was (his big-eyed stuffed ghost) and he picked him up, then I asked for a book so Ben gets a book, then Baby Tad, then a blanket, then the cats... he stopped, looked around, and picked up every. single. item. that I requested (except the cat... he just crawled like a little madman after them.)

Then we went downstairs; he identified a cookie, a cup, and Mr. Peeps (his stuffed bunny.) Then I asked him to find a drum; he immediately crawled from the opposite side of the room to locate his drum that wasn't even in view and got it down from a shelf. I nearly passed out!

I don't know if this is normal comprehension for a child Ben's age, but either way I am one proud mommy!