Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Sunday, September 07, 2008

Ben's first day of preschool is tomorrow!

And I'm so nervous and excited for him. I hope I can sleep tonight!

I had a bit of running around to do this weekend, trying to sort out some last minute things. The school gave me a form required to be filled in by parents of anaphylactic students (re: Sabrina's Law) and signed by their doctor. Then I had to try to snap a photo of Ben that was ID-worthy to affix to the form. Ugh. That's a battle in itself. The kid really has to be in the mood for a photo shoot. I'm lucky to get two in a row before he runs away screaming 'noooooooooooo!'.

Only thing I'm concerned might be an issue is that our GP wrote Ben's mild raw egg allergy on the form. The form is intended for anaphylactic allergies only, which the egg isn't. And especially after having two negative egg tests and consults with Ben's allergist it's agreed that it's a very low risk allergy. Try explaining this to him. [insert eyeroll here] Hopefully I can convey this sentiment to the school, otherwise I'll have to get a whole other form filled in (I'll go directly to the allergist if it comes down to that), and pay another fee to have the form filled in, in order for Ben to be allowed to eat the same snack as the other kids. And for good measure, let me just say that our GP really pisses me off every single time we see him. And it's not the pregnancy hormones, it's him.

So, all that said, here's hoping Ben has a great first day! :)