Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Thursday, October 30, 2008

Week 36: Yikes! and we now have a crib mattress.

Yikes! Because I can't believe I'm in my 36th week now. Two weeks and I'll be full term, at which point it's technically anyone's guess (even though I think I'll go right around my due date).

I picked up a crib mattress on sale today at Sears. They were all marked down 20%, and as a result Ben's destruction (of his crib mattress) cost us $105. But it's a good mattress, well reenforced sides, with both an infant side and a toddler side (constructed with a different topper over the coils to accomodate the difference in weight). We should have one comfortable babe.

So now, aside from a few smaller items - face clothes, receiving blankets, soothers, bibs, bottles, and an infant bath tub (we got rid of Ben's when we moved house) - we're pretty much good to go.

Sweet thing of the day: I made up the baby's crib when Ben and I brought the mattress home. Ben went and got his prized digger pillow and put it in the baby's crib, and then put a second-rate pillow on his own bed. This kid is just the sweetest kid on the planet. (Of course, he's human and at naptime he decided he wanted his digger pillow back, but still...).