Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A little preschool update.

Drop-offs are a complete 180 these days. You might remember Ben went through a really clingy, crying phase when I was dropping him off, but now he hardly gives me a second thought as soon as we arrive. He immediately becomes immersed in an activity (usually car related). SO much better for both of us. I don't know if his whiny/clingy phase was due to being a bit under the weather (he'd had a cold for a while) or if it was just an adjustment period (once he realised school was becoming a regular thing), but either way, we're over that hump and I'm so proud of my little guy.

Ben also has a couple of friends in class: Conner and Sean. The three of them are very into Hot Wheels and dump trucks, so they tend to group together immediately and start playing games. It's so cute watching them interact with one another. And it's really cool seeing Ben make his own friends for the first time ever (until now his regular friends have been children of my friends, which is great of course, but seeing him forge his own relationships is really neat!).

Every two weeks the class has a new theme (the past two weeks has been 'healthy habits'), so their songs, activities, and crafts revolve around that. It's so cute seeing the things he makes at school. I love that our fridge is filling up with all kinds artwork. I've also noticed a marked improvement in Ben's language development, partly pronunciation, but mostly his ability to string words and sentences together. So cool.

Anyway, I could probably go on and on, so I better stop myself there!