Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Week 38: My OB thinks I'll go early!

I had an appointment last night which included an internal exam. He tells me I'm 2-3 cms and all things considered (particularly how many Braxton Hicks contractions I've been having) he doesn't think I'll make it to my next appointment. I asked if it was possible to go to 40 weeks, and he said yes, but that in my case he'd be really surprised.

So, we've put Granny and Granddad Bloomfield on high alert. I've put my 'emergency plan' in place in the event that I go into labour while Nic's at work. I have everyone's numbers entered into speed dial (just have to get them all into my cell phone). My bag is pretty much packed, aside from a few items that I use regularly. And I just spoke with Nic (who is obviously anxious about this whole thing because today is the first day during this entire pregnancy that he's called just to see how I was feeling - haha!); he's sorted out all the paperwork on his end with work, etc. so even if I don't go early at least we'll be ready!