Benjamin and Caitlin: The Ultimate Tag Team



Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ben - true Canadian kid!

Ben's started skating this winter. Initially I wasn't sure how it would go. He gets so easily frustrated when he's not immediately good at something. We enrolled him in skating lessons - he's had three so far, and he's done SO well! He gets right back up when he falls down and keeps on trying. He's definitely determined!

When Ben first started lessons he hadn't been on skates at all. He was very reliant on a skate trainer to hold onto to assist him with balance. His last lesson, however, he did three widths of the rink with only one fall in the beginning.

I've had him out a few times myself and the improvement each time is quite impressive. And I was so proud of him last week when he let go of the trainer to skate next to me - he announced 'I'm skating! I'm skating!! I'm skating with YOU, Mama!!!' What a wonderful moment that was and one I'll always hold close to my heart.

I'll try to post a few pics in the next few days. I often forget to bring along the camera when we're out - which is probably fine by Ben as he isn't crazy about having his photo taken - but we do have a few.

Labels: